Monday, June 20, 2016

Beetroot Rasam


A very simple and beetrooty juicy rasam... Sweet as well Sour !!!!





Ingredients :

1 small sized Beetroot, 1 Tomato 2 tbsp Rasam powder, 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
a pinch of Hing, Handful of Curry Leaves, 1 tsp Mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
and 2 tbsp Coconut oil.

Method:

I started to peel off the beetroot skin and cut them into chunks roughly of 1 inch size.
( may be, the size can vary. As I wanted tiny crunchy bites of the beetroot I had them cut little big).
In a proper vessel I put in the beetroot chunks and poured in 1 cup water.
Added salt to taste, and turmeric powder and allowed the beetroot to cook for some 15 minutes.
Meanwhile I kept checking the water content as I did not want the beetroot to get burnt.
After which, i sliced in tomato and added along to the beetroot water.
I also added the rasam powder  at this juncture.
I skipped off the tamarind extract as I did not prefer the beetroot rasam to evade away the beetroot flavor.
Once the tomatoes got mashed in well, I sprinkled the hing.
Quickly added in coconut oil seasoned mustard, curry leaves..



This rasam is radiant and as well very much juicy of the beautiful vegetable - Beetroot.
Kids would absolutely love the color of this rasam.

No comments:

Post a Comment