1 cup Thinai ( Foxtail Millet )
1/2 cup Yellow Moong Dal
Handful of Curry Leaves
Few Green Chillies
A small pod of Ginger
1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
Few Cashews ( Optional )
4 tbsp Ghee
- Wash the millets and moong dal thoroughly.
- Add 4 cups of Water, salt to taste and 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Steam until the millets and moong are well cooked.
- In a pan, dry roast the pepper, curry leaves, cumin, ginger and green chillies and grind them into a coarse portion.
- Wait until the steam gets released, and mix the coarse grind portion into the Thinai.
- Add ghee.
So simple, yet tasty.