Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Urulai Payaru


A versatile vegetable Potato goes as a combo or mingles itself with actually every single meal or a munch for that case..



All that I had were 2 Potatoes and a handful of long Cluster Bean.

I started with heating of 2 tbsp  Gingelly Oil in a wide pan, wherein I also let the Mustard, Urad and Fenugreek seeds to splutter.
By the time, I had washed the vegetables. Peeled the potatoes, and diced them into beautiful cube shapes.. ( the potatoes in cube shape are very much pretty :-) )
And the cluster beans into medium sized cylinders..
I let the veggies go in the hot pan, sprinkled enough Salt, more than a tsp of Turmeric ( as I am looking for some pretty yellow colored cooked potatoes ).
Some quarter cup water into this portion to bring soft and moist potatoes.
Just to maintain the yellow shade, and at the same time to include some spices...
I went ahead to crush some dry Red Chillies, powdered Curry Leaves and some powdered dry Coriander Leaves as well..
I let these to toss on with my potatoes.
Already there's the presence of the cluster beans to give some green shades to my potatoes.



There goes this brilliant mild Urulai Payaru for a simple lunch with White Rice, Vathal Kuzhambu, and Pappads..

No comments:

Post a Comment