The Tiffin Sambar is something peculiar with its awesome flavour and vibrant colors..
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Serves : 3
Drumstick - 3
Small Onion : Handful
Tamarind : Small lemon size
Toor Dal - 1/4 Cup
To Roast and Grind :
1 tsp Rice
2 tsp Coreander seeds
4 dry Red Chillies
Few strands of Coconut
pinch of turmeric
pinch of perungayam
- Wash the vegetables.
- Wash the dal and cook until they are smashed.
- Season the vegetables in 1 tbsp. oil and add into the cooked dal.
- Dry roast the ingredients mentioned and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add this paste also into the dal.
- Add in the tamarind water.
- Add 1 tbsp. finely chopped tomato
- Allow to boil until the vegetables gets cooked.
- In a small pan, add 2 tbsp. coconut oil, and temper 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, curry leaves and 1 dry red chillie.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
Cuisine : Tamil Nadu
Side Dish for Rice, Idli, Dosa and Pongal.