The Karachev's are interesting snack with a punch of freshly grounded pepper crumbs bursting at every bite with a sip of Coffee / Tea..
The Items Required are as follows -
- Gram Flour - 2 Cups
- Rice Flour - 1 Cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil enough to fry
- Freshly Ground Pepper - 2 tbsp.
- Butter - 2 tbsp.
- Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Hing - a pinch
Garlic - optional
- Start by sieving the gram flour and rice flour to avoid any hard / coarse particles.
- Can roast the flours for 2 seconds to get the beautiful flavors.
- Mix the flours together and add enough salt.
- Coarse crush the pepper corns to get a rough crumbles out of them.
- Add these crumbs along with chilli powder , turmeric and chilli powder.
- Add in 2 tbsp oil and water and make a soft smooth dough.
- The thenkuzhal press mould would be required.
- Grease the mould, stuff in the dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan and squeeze in the dough.
- Break the strings while you turn them to even fry.
Now they are crisp and crunchy.