Monday, September 21, 2015

Pavaka Paalgova / Bittergourd Milksweet


The very idea of making a sweet out of the bitter bittergourd striked me, though no idea of where was the real origin of this weird idea.
Was spending a day thinking of a strange recipe to make out of the bittergourd and I was very sure not to make the regular recipes.
May be at that moment, I kid myself of a sweet recipe out of the bitter vegetable.
Fortunately, my mind took the funny thought as a challenge, and here I am with the recipe -
Pavaka Paalgova.

Ingredients :
Pavaka / bittergourd - 1small size

Khoya - Half cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - Half Cup
Ghee - 3 tbsp

Method :

          Season the grated bittergourd in a pan adding the ghee.
          When they become crisp, add in finely crumbled khoya and keep stirring until they become mushy.

         Add in sugar and stir thoroughly.
         Add in green food color a pinch.
          Pour in milk and keep stirring until the mixture becomes sticky and comes out easily    from the pan.

         Grease a plate, and pour the mixture.
         Allow to warm, and slit thin lines to cut them as squares.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment